Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Photo bonanza from Easters past

Willem after finding the big prize at last year's Easter egg hunt.
I love it when Easter rolls around in mid April or even later. Because on those occasions you can almost guarantee that Spring is there to stay. And the last couple of years we've been lucky - the weather has been great and it's been warm enough to have the Egg Hunt and the Easter lunch in my parents garden. I'm hoping for that this year as well, of course, but Easter is rather early this year and the weather in late March and early April is just so unpredictable. A few years ago the garden was still covered with deep snow the first week in April.

This winter has been mild and it's felt like "almost spring" for weeks now but then this past weekend brought snow and low temperatures and now I'm worried. It's only a little more than a week left and on most days the kid still wears his winter overalls. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that its just a small setback and that Spring will be back as soon as possible. 

Oh, and by the way... I can't decide if I should cut the kid's hair. He is so cute in the first pic inthis post but I love the fact that his long hair can be tied into a topknot or pony tail. Decisions, decisions...

Now; as a preparation to the upcoming holiday I've dug around in the archives. The poor kid has been exposed to my camera basically since the minute he was born, which means that I have plenty of gems to choose from. This is what our Easter photo shoot looked like three years ago. The kid was about 4,5 months old and I was enjoying maternity leave, hence had all the time in the world to catch beautiful indoor sunlight. The group pic further below (with his two oldest friends) still makes me laugh so much. It really doesn't get cuter than that.



He might hate me when he's older, for putting him in a chicken outfit when he was tiny and defenseless, but look at him. How could I not?


Last year was all about painting eggs and finding the big egg at the end of the Easter egg hunt. He finally had a concept of what the egg hunt meant but his patience was still lacking and he got frustrated easily. This year I'm looking forward to finally being able to hide the eggs for real. I'll post photos from that, of  course, and of his Easter Sunday outfit.





No comments:

Post a Comment