Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fifty shades of grey denim


The thing I love most about the denim fabric is that it's never just one color. Denim shifts, fades or keeps it's original color depending on its creases and on how much you wear it. It changes over time and with different lighting so that its color becomes an entire spectrum of shades.

This evening we took a walk around the neighborhood and I just couldn't stop taking pictures of the kid in this outfit. The grey Alabama jeans are amazing and the lighter grey in the wash just fits perfect with this season's Norton jacket. But the darker grey at the seams and in the creases picks up black brilliantly.  We all know that I Dig Denim are experts on blue jeans - I mean, we've known that for a while - but I'm telling you: I Dig Denim are freaking geniuses when it comes to the grey scale as well.

The outfit of the day is literally 50 shades of grey


I might be ridiculous - over-analyzing an outfit like this - but me and the kid? We love the concrete jungle just as much as we love the beach and the woods and these shades of grey just complement urban life so, so well.

The "I love Banksy"-tee from Hatch For Kids is a perfect match with the grey and then, this past weekend, the kid went and found this hat at a yardsale. He picked it out all by himself and he was so proud when he paid for it with money from his own piggybank. Money well spent, I say, because he looks so handsome in it.



 

This is a perfect example of the many grey shades in the jeans



Get the outfit: 

Grey Norton jacket - I Dig Denim
Grey Alabama jeans - I Dig Denim
Black "I am Banksy" tee - Hatch For Kids
Sneakers - Vans Original
Grey checkered hat - Old H&M model from a local yardsale

#idigdenim #alabama #norton #grey #hatchlingsworldwide #hatchforkids #iambanksy #vans #ootd #kidsfashion #kidsoutfit #barnmode #yardsale #concretejungle


No comments:

Post a Comment