Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ode to a real entrepreneur

(or: Bonni, you are my Boo)


Its no secret. I really wish that I had more of a "go-getter" personality. I'm just so impressed by people that have an idea or a vision and who not only strive to give that vision life - they actually do. Instagram is full of people like that and everyday I find yet another small business or brand within its depths that really speak to me.

For example, Instagram directed me to Bonni & Bo and, honestly, if you haven't seen what she can do then you should check out her insta-feed, or even better; her webshop (www.bonniandbo.com). A year and a half ago, the woman behind this brand hadn't even used a real sewing machine and today she designs (and sews) amazing clothes for kids. Her entire business is local and handmade, down to the fantastic handprinted notes that come with her orders in the mail.

Willem had the pleasure of modelling some of her stuff for her website (pics below). The "Little peace"-collection is amazing but its surely not the first time he's wearing clothes that she has designed and sewed. The first thing I ever ordered was a beanie with the cutest little handmade pom-pom and I fell in love. Eight months later, I still love it and its still the kid's favorite by far.

I've just ordered another batch from her so her beautiful threads will be featured here again soon. And I hope to see her business grow even further - I just know that she'll go far.

Dressed in Bonni & Bo


The baggy leggings in camo print are true brilliance in the shape of pants. So stretchy and comfortable (and of course, so stylish). And the checkered loop-scarf is made in a thin fabric, perfect for spring. Willem has other loop-scarfs from this brand and they are the perfect length. He hates clothes that are tight around his neck but these protect from wind and cold without being constricting or too snug.

  

The t-shirt is a collaboration that Bonni & Bo made with another extremely talented insta-mama; @skoningkidsandmama (www.skoning.se). I love the print on the front - Peace starts with a smile - and the fold-up sleeves.


#bonniandbo #swedishkidsclothes #smallbusiness #independentbrand #handmade #skoning #skoningkidsandmama #barnmode #barnkläder #barnklädesprat #vårmode #springfashion

No comments:

Post a Comment